The founding members of Vets76 observed that there were many gaps and inconsistencies with regards to the treatment on our military veterans. Armed with this mindset, the founding members formed Vets 76, a nonprofit organization created for the express purpose to enhance the quality life for all military veterans.
Specifically, the purpose of Vets 76 is to assist disabled veterans, their families and the widows and orphans of deceased veterans in their time of need. Additionally, to provide entertainment, care, and assistance to hospitalized veterans, to carry on programs to perpetuate the memory of deceased veterans and members of the Armed Forces as well as to comfort their survivors. Finally, to sponsor or participate in activities of a patriotic nature that will educate the public about the experiences of our nation’s veterans.
- To promote the social welfare of the community (that is, to promote in some way the common good and general welfare of the people of the community).
- To assist disabled and needy war veterans or and members of the U.S. Armed Forces; its actual and their dependents and the widows and the orphans of deceased veterans.
- To provide entertainment, care, and assistance to hospitalized veterans or members of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- To carry on programs to perpetuate the memory of deceased veterans and members of the Armed Forces and to comfort their survivors.
- To conduct programs for religious, charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes.
- To sponsor or participate in activities of a patriotic nature.
- To provide insurance benefits for its members or dependents of its members or both.
- To provide social and recreational activities for its members.